Renfrewshire Council

There is an issue with Tell Me Scotland website.  Any adverts that are required for Public Processions will be included in the related content page.

Public procession licences

How to apply for a public procession licence, consultations on notices of public processions, where to see public procession notices.

How to apply for a public procession licence

If you wish to hold a public procession in the Renfrewshire Council area, you must complete a Notice of Proposal.

You can apply online for a public procession licence or download and send us an  application form for public procession licence [21KB]  

See the within Renfrewshire.

Consultations on notices of public processions

Any person can be consulted on all public procession notices received for the Renfrewshire area.

If you would like to be consulted email us at with your full name and address requesting that you wish to be added to the Public Procession Opt-in List.

If you are already on the Opt-in List and wish removed, email us at

Please note that a copy of any objection received will be provided to the applicant, and you may be asked to attend a future meeting of the Regulatory Function Board to make submissions in support of your objection.

Where to see public procession notices

You can search for public procession notices we have received on the Tell Me Scotland website.

In some cases, the council can decide to dispense with the 28-day period of notice.

You will find any public processions where a dispensation order has been granted on the Tell Me Scotland website.