Renfrewshire Council

Boat hire licence

You need a boat hire licence if you want to provide boats for hire for pleasure, recreational, educational or sporting purposes or if you use a boat to carry 12 or fewer people for a fee or reward.

You also need an insurance certificate for £1,000,000 third party liability cover and a certificate of fitness from a suitable boat builder for each of the boats you want to licence.