Renfrewshire Council

Report an issue with a road, street lighting or flooding

How to report road faults, street lighting issues or flooding to us, ask for gritting, who to contact about trunk roads and motorways.

On this page

The council is responsible for maintaining and repairing all road and street lighting within Renfrewshire except for trunk roads and motorways.

To report road defects such as potholes or faulty street lights, use our online road faults and street lighting issues reporting form

Road faults

Road faults can include: 

  • pothole
  • road carriageway
  • footway
  • street drainage
  • traffic sign
  • traffic signal
  • street furniture
  • street name plate
  • road signs
  • roads and footway flooding

Street lighting

A street lighting fault can include:

  • light not lit
  • light always on
  • damage to lighting column
  • exposed wiring / door off
  • unsecure lantern
  • illuminated bollard faults
  • zebra crossing
  • illuminated sign
  • LED lighting

Give details of the location of the fault, and in the case of street lights, the road name and the reference number on the side of the lighting column.

Other road or street issues

You can also report other issues with:

  • bus shelters
  • bridges
  • car parks
  • parking ticket machines
  • trees
  • weed growth


You can also request gritting or a grit bin using our online form

You can also call our Customer Contact Centre on 0300 300 0300 to report a fault.

Trunk roads and motorways

Scottish South West Trunk Roads are responsible for trunk roads and motorways in the Renfrewshire area. 

These include the:

  • A701
  • A725
  • A726
  • A75
  • A76
  • A77
  • A737
  • M74
  • M8
  • M898
  • A898
  • A8
  • A82
  • A751
  • M77
  • A78
  • M80
  • A80
  • A738
  • M73

You can contact South West Trunk Roads online if you want to report a problem about one of these roads.