Renfrewshire Council

Home contents insurance for Council tenants

What is not covered by the Council, how to get home contents insurance for your property.

If you are a council tenant and leaseholder, you are encouraged to sign up for a home contents insurance. Renfrewshire Council doesn't insure your furniture, belongings and decoration against fire, theft, vandalism or water damage such as burst pipes.

You can either join the AVIVA contents insurance scheme arranged by Renfrewshire Council or make your own arrangements with another insurance provider.

For details on what is covered and how you can join the scheme, see the: