Renfrewshire Council

Tenant consultation and involvement

How tenants can get involved in the council's housing service, including consultations, high rise and sheltered housing quality circle, the tenants scrutiny panel and tenants and residents associations.

How you can get involved

Tenants have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of areas relating to the Council's housing service - ranging from influencing decisions on your home and immediate neighbourhood, through to shaping Communities, Housing and Planning Services (CHAPS) policies and tenant scrutiny.

For more information on tenant involvement please contact our development officer using the following contact details:

  • email
  • phone 0141 618 2502
  • write to Planning and Housing Team, Communities, Housing and Planning Services, Renfrewshire Council, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley.

Tenants consultation register

Joining a tenants and residents association does not suit every tenant so we have created a consultation register of actively interested tenants who would like to be consulted on a variety of issues which may affect them. 

Useful websites and organisations

Council tenants may find this list of websites useful

  • Engage Renfrewshire exists to help community and voluntary groups in any way they can for the greater good of Renfrewshire's citizens.
  • Renfrewshire Youth Voice is the local youth forum for young people aged 12 to 25 living in Renfrewshire.  Their main goals are to represent young people views both locally and nationally and provide relevant information on happenings that affect young people.
  • ROAR, Connections for Life aims to help older people across Renfrewshire who need emotional or practical support.
  • Regional Networks were set up in 2008 to help Registered Tenant Organisations (RTOs) engage with the Scottish Government on issues of national policy.
  • Scottish Government, Housing
  • TIS (Tenants Information Service) is a national organisation, which provides independent information, advice and training for tenants.
  • TPAS (Tenant Participation Advisory Service) is the national tenant and landlord participation advisory service for Scotland. TPAS work with tenants and landlords to improve housing conditions and services at a local level.
  • Scottish Housing Regulator, the Regulator' statutory objective is to "safeguard and promote the interests of current and future tenants of social landlords, people who are or may become homeless, and people who use housing services provided by registered social landlords (RSLs) and local authorities".
  • Scottish Fire and Rescue Service
  • Police Scotland