Renfrewshire Council

Residents worried about an adult encouraged to report concerns

Anyone concerned about an adult experiencing or at risk of harm is encouraged to speak out.

Adults can be at risk from harm due to illness, trauma, and physical or mental health conditions. Neglect or self-neglect is also a risk as well as physical, psychological, financial, or sexual harm.

People can find themselves dependent on alcohol, drugs, or both, and losing awareness of the situation they are living in, or the consequences of decisions they make.

Harm can happen in a home, at work, or in a public place—and often it is the people closest to them who can cause the harm, or someone responsible for keeping them safe, such as a care home, hospital or day centre.

If you are worried about an adult, please report it to our Adult Services team or call the police on 101. In an emergency, call 999.

For more help and advice, see our adult protection webpages.

Published Tuesday 20 February 2024.