Renfrewshire Council

Council tax reductions

Who can apply for a council tax reduction, apply online, Second Adult Rebate, review your council tax reduction, if you get too much council tax reduction.

Council Tax Reduction is awarded to people on a low income, to help with the cost of Council Tax. To qualify, it doesn't matter whether you own or rent your home, but the address you are claiming reduction for must be the main one you live at. 

There are two types of council tax reductions:

  1. Main Council Tax Reduction - based on the circumstances of the person or people in the property who are liable for the Council Tax bill.
  2. Second Adult Rebate - based on the circumstances of the person in the property who have low incomes but are not liable for the Council Tax.