Renfrewshire Council

Apply for an extended hours licence to serve alcohol

You need an extended hours licence under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 if you wish to sell alcohol during hours outside of your current core hours.

You can download an application pack from the related content area in the website.

You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this document.

You can apply in person at our Customer Service Centre or post you application to us at the address below, with the appropriate fee and documents enclosed.

You must answer every question on the form. If a question is irrelevant, mark it as 'not applicable'.

What documents do I need to apply for a licence?

No documentation is required to accompany the application.

How much is the licence fee?

Information on fees for all licences is available on our [insert content link page to liquor application fees] webpage.

How long will my application take?

All applications for extended hours should be made at least 28 days from the date of the extension. Applications lodged later will be accepted but may not be granted due to the timescales involved.

Who is consulted about my application?

A copy of your application will be sent to Police Scotland and the Licensing Standards Officer who have 10 days to respond. They will carry out their own investigations and report back to the Licensing Board.

What happens if there if an objection or representation to my application?

If an objection or representation is received the Licensing Board must give notice of the objection or representation to the applicant and thereafter may be considered at a meeting of the Licensing Board. You will be formally cited to attend the meeting and a copy of the letter of objection or representation will be sent out to you with the citation letter.

How long does the licence last for?

The extended hours lasts for the period of the application or such shorter period as the Board may determine.