Renfrewshire Council

National Entitlement Card (NEC) for over 60s

If you are aged 60 or over, you are entitled to free bus travel across Scotland and reduced fares on coaches, trains and the Subway in the Strathclyde area.

Your National Entitlement Card (NEC) works as your bus pass or for getting concessions on travel in Strathclyde. You can also use it for library membership or leisure centre membership. 

How to apply

You can apply for your NEC at most post offices. Ask at the counter for a concessionary travel application form. 

You will also need:

  • a recent passport size photograph
  • proof of age
  • proof of your current address.

See the National Entitlement Card (NEC) website for a list of acceptable proofs for identity, photographs and address

Send your application form to SPT by email at or by post to:

Concessionary Travel Card Unit
Buchanan Bus Station
10 Killermont Street
G2 3NW 

You should check the SPT website for updates before going to the SPT Concessionary Travel Card desk at Buchanan Bus Station, as it may be closed due to coronavirus protection measures.

It normally takes up to 4 weeks from when we receive your application to get your card.

If your card is lost, damaged or stolen

Contact SPT's Concessionary Travel Unit on 0141 333 3211 or email if you need a replacement card.

If your details have changed

If you need to change your photo, name or address on your NEC, contact SPT at or call 0141 333 3211.