Renfrewshire Council

Advice Works

Free money and debt advice

If you have benefits issues, are struggling with debt or are having difficulty managing your budget, Advice Works can provide advice. We offer free, confidential and independent advice on money and debt issues including budgeting, negotiating with creditors, and mortgage and rent arrears - as well as checking you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to. 

Help with benefit claims

We can provide information on how to complete benefit claim forms including Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Attendance Allowance (AA) and all other Social Security forms.

Make a telephone appointment

Please call 0300 300 1238 to make a telephone appointment to speak to one of our Advice Works advisors about welfare rights or issues with benefits or debts.

We are available:

  • Monday to Thursday, 8.45am - 4.45pm
  • Friday 8.45am - 3.55pm

Alternatively, you can email