Renfrewshire Council

Help with energy bills

Where to get advice about your energy bills, money to help with energy bills, funding for improvements, energy efficiency at home or switching your energy supplier.

Advice about your energy bills

If you need advice about managing your energy bills, you can contact our energy advice team. Our advisers will find out about your situation and offer free advice.

You can also get advice about what to do if you're struggling to pay your energy bills from the Citizen's Advice Scotland website.

Money to help pay energy bills

Find out if you can get money to help pay energy bills on the website.

You may be able to apply for help with energy bills and heating  including the:

  • Alternative fuel payment
  • Winter Fuel Payment
  • Warm Home Discount
  • Winter Heating Payment
  • Child Winter Heating Assistance
  • Home Heating Support Fund
  • Energy Bills Discount

Energy Bill Support Scheme

Find out if you can get the £400 Energy Bill Support Scheme discount if you're on a traditional pre-payment meter on the Energy Saving Trust website.

Funding for energy saving improvements

The Warmer Homes Scotland programme offers funding for energy saving improvements to your home.

Make your home more energy efficient

Find out about making your home more energy efficient, reducing your carbon emissions and lowering your energy bills on the Energy Saving Trust website.

Switch your energy supplier

Find out about switching your energy supplier on the Energy Saving Trust website.