Renfrewshire Council

Emergency contact numbers

Who to contact if it's an emergency, for non-emergencies, medical help and advice, flooding, power cuts, gas emergencies, water issues, council services or emergency housing repairs.


Call 999


Call 101

Medical help and advice

Call NHS 24 on 111


For emergency flooding issues phone 0300 300 0380.

Report a blocked drain or flooding issue online.

Power cuts

Call 105 or 0800 092 9290. If there are exposed cables or damaged equipment, call 999.

Visit for more information and advice on preparing and dealing with a power cut.

Gas emergencies

Call 0800 111 999 or via textphone (minicom) on 0800 371 787.

If you have the SignLive app, you can also use this service to contact the National Gas Emergency Service. SignLive provides a free 24-hour online interpreting service for British Sign Language (BSL) users.

Water issues

Call Scottish Water 0800 077 8778. Check if there's a problem on the latest in your area map.

Report a problem through the Scottish Water portal, or on Twitter or on Facebook.

Council services

In the event of a dangerous fallen tree, phone 0300 300 0380.

For emergency flooding issues phone 0300 300 0380.

All emergency council housing repairs should be reported by phone on 0300 300 0300Emergency, urgent and non-emergency housing repairs.

Contact us about a Council service


Related articles