Renfrewshire Council

Public registers of licences

What types of licences you can view on public registers, how you can view them or ask for copies of them.

There is no charge to view the public registers of licences listed below.  They can also be sent electronically or posted in hard copy for a charge from the Licensing Section.  

The Licensing Public Register is available online for the following licence types:

Premises Licences
Personal Licences
Occasional Licences
Civic Licences

These can be accessed and viewed online at  Licensing Register (

Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982

  • Boat Hire licence
  • Hypnotism Permit
  • Indoor Sports Entertainment licence
  • Late Hours Catering licence
  • Metal dealer licence
  • Market Operators licence
  • Public Charitable Collection Permit
  • Public Entertainment licence
  • Second hand dealer licence
  • Sex Shop licence
  • Short Term Lets
  • Skin Piercing and tattooing licence
  • Street trader licence
  • Taxi/Private Hire Car Driver licence
  • Taxi/Private Hire Car licence
  • Theatre licence
  • Window Cleaner licence

Cinemas Act 1985

  • Cinema licence

Gambling Act 2005

  • Bingo
  • Betting (Other)
  • Adult Gaming Centre
  • Family Entertainment Centre
  • Unlicensed Family Entertainment Centre
  • Automatic Notifications
  • Licensed Premises Gaming Machine Permits
  • Club Machine Permits
  • Small Society Lotteries

Housing (Scotland) Act 2006

  • Houses in multiple occupancy licence

Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 Liquor

  • Extended hours application
  • Occasional licence
  • Personal Licence
  • Premises Licences