Renfrewshire Council

Help for disabled people

We may be able to reduce your Council Tax bill if your home has been adapted to meet the needs of a disabled person who lives there.

Reducing your bill

If your home has been adapted, we can lower the Council Tax band level so that you pay less. You can check your council tax band with MyAccount in the link above.

Adapted propertyCouncil Tax band lowered e.g. band C to band B
Adapted property is band ACouncil Tax bill reduced by 1/6th


Who can apply?

Your home must have one of the features below, and it must be of vital or major importance to the disabled person's wellbeing

  • an extra kitchen or bathroom for the specific needs of the disabled persons

  • an extra room, not a bathroom, kitchen or toilet, that is mainly used by the disabled person and is required to meet their additional needs

  • enough indoor space for the disabled person to use a wheelchair, the wheelchair must be needed for day-to-day living indoors. 

Please note that all applications will require an initial home visit.


How to apply

Please complete the 'Apply for disabled banding reduction' form above and we will arrange the home visit.