Renfrewshire Council

Energy advice

Where you can get advice with energy bills, ways to save energy, heating systems, grants, and funding for your home, how we can help.

Advice with energy bills, ways to save energy, and heating systems

If you are struggling to pay your bills and need support, contact our Advice Works team. 

If you need advice on ways to save energy, bill payments and heating systems, the Energy Saving Scotland Advice Centre can help. 

You can call them on 0808 808 2282 (freephone from BT lines, other phone providers may charge for this call).

The Home Energy Scotland website also has advice on how to: 

  • reduce your bills
  • go green
  • make your house warmer
  • find funding to help make your home more efficient, cheaper to heat and warmer. 

How we can help

We can't provide grants to install central heating or insulation in privately owned homes. 

However, we can give independent and expert advice on a wide range of energy issues to local people.

We can support housing association tenants, council tenants, private renters, and homeowners. 

If you're interested in a home visit, contact our Energy advice team on 0300 300 0300 or email us and we will arrange a suitable appointment time.

You can also find more information about: