Renfrewshire Council

Housing, accommodation and repairs during coronavirus

Online housing services, housing support and options, changes to your tenancy, neighbourhood services, repairs and gas servicing, concierge and caretaking, laundrettes, looking after yourself and your neighbours, more support.

Online services

Many of our offices and centres are closed due to coronavirus safety measures.

You can: 

See all our other online forms and services on our contact us page.

Planned improvement works

We have suspended all planned improvements to occupied properties for now. Where we have started work, contractors will carry out any necessary work to make sure your home is safe and secure until we are able to return to complete the work. 

For advice, call 07770 347 350 or 07920 546 211.

Concierge and caretaking services

A reduced concierge and caretaking service is in operation but we are continuing to visit and check all high rise blocks each day. If you have any concerns about day to day building maintenance, fire safety or security, please contact 0300 300 0222.

Looking after yourself and your neighbours

In these difficult times, it is especially important to look after yourself and to look out for your neighbours.  
If you are staying at home, it can feel more difficult than usual to take care of your health and wellbeing.

If you are fit and well, please check on older neighbours. Remember to follow physical distancing guidance and to make sure that they are safe and have access to food and medicines. If you are concerned about someone who is older or vulnerable, please contact us on 0300 300 1380.

If you need protection, or you're worried that someone else does, call Police Scotland on 101 or 999, in an emergency. 

Find out what domestic abuse is and what help is available.

We ask you to be considerate with your neighbours at this time. They, or their friends or family, may be affected by the ongoing situation so please think about this before raising an issue with us.

If you do have an issue, contact:

  • your housing officer on 0300 300 0222
  • the Noise Enforcement Team on 07768 988186.
  • our wardens on 0300 300 0380 or email - we will provide advice and log calls but won't be able to visit in every case.

Where to find more support

Scotland Trusted Trader has lots of helpful advice for homeowners who need to fix an emergency repair.

Advice Renfrewshire and Renfrewshire Citizen's Advice Bureau can give you advice on any housing issue you may have.

Our Energy Advice and Advocacy team can give you support on fuel debt, issues you have with your gas and electricity supplier and general energy advice. Contact the team on 07958 011104, 07789 652936 or 07825 193697 or email

The coronavirus advice national helpline can help with advice on employment, personal finance, cancellations and consumer rights.

It is more important than ever to be alert and vigilant to potential scams. See our consumer advice and protection during coronavirus page for advice.

To report incidents of non-compliance, you can call Police Scotland on 101.