Renfrewshire Council


Pass them on

Go online to sites like Freecycle and Freegle to give it away for free

Try advertising your surplus building materials online at sites such as eBay or Gumtree

Friends, family and local events

  • Ask family and friends if they need them for any building projects they have planned
  • Check locally - a community project near you may have a use for your building bits and pieces
  • Advertise in local papers, shop windows or on community noticeboards 

Recycle it...

If you are unable to find any takers, you can get rid of most of your building materials at your local recycling centre. There are restrictions on how plasterboard is disposed of and this does vary across the country.

Renfrewshire Council offers a special uplift service for householders and commercial premises across Renfrewshire. We collect a variety of items from residents and businesses that are unable to deal with these items themselves. You can arrange a special uplift by calling 0300 300 0300.Link to special uplift web page.

Alternatively you can arrange for a skip to be delivered to your home to dispose of your building materials by a waste disposal company.

Related articles