Renfrewshire Council

Help for older and disabled home owners and private tenants

Care and Repair Renfrewshire provide free, confidential advice and assistance to older and disabled home owners and private tenants about home repairs, adaptations and funding work to your home.

The small repairs services is available to residents of Renfrewshire provided you are:

  • aged 60 or over
  • disabled or the parent or guardian of someone with a disability (someone who gets a disability or sickness benefit - Disability Living Allowance (DLA), Personal Independence Payment (PIP), Attendance Allowance or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Labour for small repairswill be paid for by Care & Repair, such as:

  • minor joinery repairs
  • small plumbing repairs
  • small electrical repairs

This means you only need to pay for the cost of materials used.

They can also give advice if you are worried about a problem with your property or just need some technical advice.

For more information, visit the Care and Repair Renfrewshire website.

Care and Repair Renfrewshire is an independent organisation funded by Renfrewshire Council. 


If you or someone you live with has difficulty getting around your home, Care and Repair can help you carry out adaptations to your home to make it more suitable and you may qualify for financial support .

Find out more about adaptations to your home

Funding work to your home

Regrettably, grants are no longer generally available for home improvements and repairs, except for most home adaptations for people with disabilities.

However, Care and Repair can provide you with information and advice if you are planning to carry out improvements or repairs to your home.

You may also find it useful to read our new scheme of assistance, which explains the range of information, help and advice available to private homeowners.

More information about funding work to your home.

Find out more

Contact Care and Repair on 0141 812 4111.