Renfrewshire Council

Theatre licence

You need a theatre licence to perform a play in public. A play is defined as 'any dramatic piece involving speech, singing, action and playing of a role'. This includes ballets and musicals. If you hold a theatre licence, you don't need a separate public entertainment licence.

To apply for a theatre licence, download, complete and return an application form with the appropriate fee to the licensing section. The Theatre Pack is available to download in the related content area of the website.