Renfrewshire Council

People who are Care Experienced

Along with many other Government-funded bodies, Renfrewshire Council has a 'corporate parenting' role for people who are care experienced.

Significant research has shown that their outcomes are often poorer due to circumstances such as a disrupted education and or post-traumatic Stress. 

Our  Invest in Renfrewshire team works with a range of partners in Social Work, Family Firm, Skills Development Scotland and Who Cares Scotland? to identify clients and pathways to enable them to progress. We also work together to try to identify the right opportunity for them at the right time in their lives to move into sustained employment.

Our definition of 'care experienced' includes people who are/have been looked after and accommodated, looked after at home, in foster care or in kinship care.

If you'd like to know more, call 0300 300 1180 and speak to an advisor or you can send an email to