Please note the fees for planning applications, set by the Scottish Government, have been increased.
The following link provides a schedule of planning fees which came into force on 6 February 2013. For further advice please use the contact details below.
The Development Management Section has the responsibility for administering the Council’s duties under the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 and related legislation.
The range of duties include:
- Processing applications for planning permission, advertisement consent, listed building and conservation area consent, tree works, hazardous substances consent and certificates of lawfulness
- Administering requests for non-material amendments to planning permissions previously granted
- Advising on the need for all types of planning and related applications
- Planning appeals and inquiries
- Enforcement of planning control
In this section, you can find information about:
- Applications for planning permission – Find out how to search and view applications online, guidance on what you need to do before you start any building works, permitted development rights or view the weekly list of planning applications registered by the Council.
- Planning Application Forms and Guidance Notes – This link will take you to the Scottish Planning Online website which is provided by the Scottish Government and includes straightforward forms which guide you through the process in easy to follow steps. You can also download planning application form to complete and post to us.
- Planning notices - For some planning applications, a notice requires to be published in a local newspaper to raise public awareness of the proposals. All public notices for current planning applications are now also published on the Tell Me Scotland website. Please use this link to search for planning notices in the Renfrewshire Council area, or within your postcode area, you can also see a map of the site to which the notice relates.
- Planning appeals and review bodies – Find out how to lodge an appeal and view current and determined notices of review
- Planning and Property Policy Board – this link will take you to the Council board where you can read about the decisions made.
- How to make a comment – this link will provide you with guidance on how to make a comment which you can submit online and send to us.
- Enforcement of Planning Control - Find out about planning enforcement, you can also view the Planning Enforcement Charter
- Royal Ordnance Factory (ROF) Bishopton Applications– Find out more about the proposals for the Royal Ordnance Factory, Bishopton
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0300 300 0144
- fax: 0141 618 7935
- visit or write to us at:
Development and Housing Services
- Community and living
- Council and government
- Education and learning
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Planning and building standards
- Social care and health
- Transport and Streets