If you own a dog, or are looking after a dog, it is your responsibility to clean up after it.
You should always pick waste up and put it in the nearest litter bin.
Owners who don't pick up their dog's mess and dispose of it properly will face a fine. You can be fined £40 (rising to £60 if not paid within 28 days).
You should carry a plastic bag or 'poop scoop' with you and clean up every time your dog fouls. If you rent your property or have a shared garden area you should ensure that your dog does not create a nuisance by fouling in communal areas.
The message is:
- Grab It - Always keep a supply of bags near your dog's lead so you don't forget to take them with you on every walk. Simply insert your hand in the bag and pick up your dog's waste.
- Bag It - Carefully turn the bag inside out to "bag" your dog's mess.
- Bin It - Dispose of the bag in a bin. Dog waste can be put in a public litter bin if a specific dog waste bin is not provided.
Don't put up with it - if you see someone allowing their dog to foul a public place such as a park, footpath or green space and fail to clean it up, call Renfrewshire Wardens with information, anonymously, using the contact details below. This information will allow us to target foot patrols in your area more effectively.
You can also report dog fouling to us online using this form:
Dog fouling report form
For more information, please contact us:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: 0300 300 0380
- call into our reception or write to us at
Tuesday, January 26, 2016
- Benefits and debt advice
- Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships
- Community and living
- Council and government
- Council Tax
- Education and learning
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Planning and building standards
- Rubbish and recycling
- Social care and health
- Transport and Streets