LocalView Online Mapping
LocalView gives you even more access to online council services. It provides a single point of access to community and local environment information and enhances the way you can do business with the council.
New to LocalView:
Use this link to check when your bins will be collected.
- Address Search: This facility allows users to search for an address or postcode using the council's Land and Property Gazetteer.
- On the Map: The user can point and click on a map to indicate the location they are interested in.
- Find the nearest: LocalView lists all the nearest facilities (for example, schools, council offices) to the location. Only one facility of each type is listed.
- In the area: LocalView lists all the facilities that are within a specified distance of the location, for example, show all the Primary Schools within 5 miles.
- Report a Fault: Using the chosen location you can tell the council about a range of problems, the different types of faults which can be reported are shown below.
- Damage to bus shelter/bus stop
- Road defects
- Missing or damaged signs and street name plates
- Street lighting
- Illuminated bollards
- Street cleaning
- Litter/Dog waste
- Street cleaning
- Dead animals
- Overgrown vegetation (such as trees, weeds and grass verges)
- Abandoned vehicles
- Fly tipping
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How is LocalView best viewed?
LocalView is best viewed in Internet Explorer 6.0 and above, Netscape 8.0 and above or Mozilla Firefox 1.0 and above. We would recommend a screen resolution of at least 800 by 600 and at least 256 colours. Different settings may restrict your viewing of LocalView.
How do I use LocalView?
LocalView has been designed to make sure the user interface is simple and intuitive to use, ensuring information is presented both in a map form and as text. All areas of the application are accessible through a series of tabs. For help getting started please refer to the Using LocalView section.
How do I send feedback on LocalView to the council?
Please send your questions, comments or feedback to email@example.com.
Problems using Localview
If you have any problems using LocalView or experience any difficulties viewing the information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to help.
- Community and living
- Council and government
- Birth, marriage and death
- Central government
- Contacts, complaints and consultations
- Council information, performance and statistics
- Council tax
- Council Tax Reduction and Housing Benefit
- Data Protection and Freedom of Information
- Joint boards
- Online Services
- Sundry Income
- Tenders and contracts
- Education and learning
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Planning and building standards
- Social care and health
- Transport and Streets