HomeChoice Glencairn - Sitting room

Your home, your choice with HomeChoice, our choice-based lettings scheme. Choose the property you would like to move to. 

For other housing options enquiries, please call our Housing Options Team on  0300 300 0222 for an appointment.

This section of the website will help you find out more about housing services in Renfrewshire.


Use the links below to find information on the following topics:

Adapting homes
Adapting a house to help people continue living independently.

Council housing
Details of the Renfrewshire Council housing service, housing offices, repairs services and other council housing-related issues.

Services for people without accommodation.

Housing associations
More information about housing associations and co-operatives operating in Renfrewshire.

Housing benefit
Find out more about housing benefit, including whether or not you qualify for it and how to claim it if you do.

Houses in multiple occupation 
Information on the regulation of houses of multiple occupation (HMOs).

Private housing
Information for homeowners on action to improve your home, including grants and loans available.

Sheltered housing
Information on sheltered and supported housing available in Renfrewshire.

Tenant consultation and involvement
Information about how our tenants express their opinions on the services we provide in ways that will inform and enhance our planning for the future.

Council housing complaints

If you are a Renfrewshire Council  tenant and you are unhappy about the services you receive or have issues about the way we are operate, you can use the Council's complaints procedure noted above, to report your concerns.

A significant performance failure is something that your landlord does, or fails to do, that puts the interests of its tenants at risk. This is something that does, or could, affect all of your landlord's tenants.

If your landlord does not deal with the failure using the complaints procedure noted above, you can contact the Scottish Housing Regulator. Their Significant Performance Failures page provides more information on what you should do and how to raise your concerns with them using the form provided by the Regulator.


Tuesday, April 14, 2015