Taxi and private hire car driver licences
From 1 October 2013, the application process for a licence to be a taxi or private hire car driver changes.
For more information, and to download an application pack, click on the links below:
Click on the links below to find out more about licensing in Renfrewshire:
- animal licences - licences required for kennels, catteries, and more.
- betting and gaming licences - betting premises (for example betting offices, bingo, adult gaming centres) lotteries, raffles and gaming machines.
- entertainment licences - for music, singing, dancing and other forms of public entertainment
- liquor licences - required if alcohol is being sold within premises or at an event
- street trading licences - selling, offering to sell, or carrying out a paid service in a public place (e.g. car wash, ice cream vendor)
- taxi and private hire licences - all aspects of taxi and private hire licensing
- other licences - window cleaners, civil marriages, scrap metal, and more.
Renfrewshire Council is working to comply with the EU Services Directive. This Directive makes it easier for service businesses to set up or sell their services anywhere in the European Union.
If you would like advice or help in making a new application for the grant or renewal of a licence, or you would like to know whether you need a licence for a particular purpose or event, please contact the Licensing section:
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 0141 842 4499
- write to or visit: Licensing Section, Finance and Corporate Services, Renfrewshire House, Cotton Street, Paisley, PA1 1TT
- Benefits and debt advice
- Business property
- Business Rates
- Trade waste, pollution and recycling
- Financial Support
- Health and Safety
- Tenders and contracts
- Trading Standards
- Community and living
- Council and government
- Education and learning
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Planning and building standards
- Social care and health
- Transport and Streets