Over fifty Renfrewshire companies and organisations have signed up to take part in our £2.5million Invest in Renfrewshire programme to reduce youth unemployment and support business in Renfrewshire.
In the next two years, Invest in Renfrewshire will create 800-1,000 new employment and training opportunities for 18-24 year-olds.
Renfrewshire Council encourages the start-up and growth of businesses across a wide range of sectors and provides business support services to local companies and potential inward investors.
To do this, we offer a range of services to help and support businesses and you can find more information about these services in this section of the website.
We have an online business directory you can use - click on the link:
The Business Gateway offers business advice and free training to support new and growing businesses:
We work closely with other organisations that can provide additional support to local businesses, including:
- Centre for Engineering, Education and Development (CeeD) - we are a founding partner of CeeD, which works to improve business operational efficiency, effectiveness and performance.
- Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce is a business membership organisation providing a wide range services.
- The Federation of Small Businesses (FSB) promotes and protects the interests of the self employed.
- Scottish Enterprise provides a wide range of support to businesses with ambitious growth plans.
- Community and living
- Council and government
- Education and learning
- Jobs and careers
- Leisure and culture
- Planning and building standards
- Social care and health
- Transport and Streets