Renfrewshire Council

Useful contacts

There are many people who can help you if you're having any problems with any part of your Universal Credit claim, paying rent, etc. The following contact details may be useful to keep handy.

Advice Works

Can help with a range of benefit issues, including checking you are getting all the benefits you are entitled to. They also provide money and debt advice. Click on Advice Works under 'related articles' or call 0300 300 1238.

Advice Renfrewshire

A website and Freephone number where you can access a wide variety of advice organisations, all working in Renfrewshire. To visit their website, click on Advice Renfrewshire under 'related links'. You can also call 0808 164 2922.

Renfrewshire Council

Can help with information about  Housing, Council Tax, and Rent if you are a Council tenant, click on Housing, Council Tax and Rents under 'related articles' or call 0300 300 0300.

Scottish Welfare Fund

Can help with Crisis or Community Care grants if you need help setting up your home or you and your family have been hit by a crisis.

To visit their website, email or call 0300 300 0204. You can also read more information on Apply for a Crisis Grant under 'related articles'.

Council tax

Can help with the cost of Council Tax. To apply or make an enquiry, email or call 0300 300 0204. You can also find a link to apply for a council tax discount or exemption under 'related articles'.

Jobcentre Plus

Can be contacted on their general enquiries line on 0800 169 0190.

Citizens Advice Bureau (Renfrewshire)

Can be contacted by phone on 0800 023 258 or by email on

Renfrewshire Libraries

Provide public access computers and  can help with digital skills. To book a computer, or session with  a Digitiser, call 0300 300 1188.