Pay it online
All online credit or debit card payments have now moved to MyAccount - our new digital customer service.
If you are making a payment for yourself or another individual, you must be registered with MyAccount (see below for details of how to register).
Once signed in, you can view and manage your payments and accounts in one place - and at a time that suits you.
If you are making a payment on behalf of a business, you do not require a MyAccount profile at present.
Simply click on the 'Pay it online - Business' button above to go straight to the new business payment form.
How to make a customer payment...
How to make a business payment...
I'm not registered for MyAccount, what do I need to do?
To make an online payment you will need to create your own MyAccount profile. It's quick and simple to do - all you need is an email address.
- Select 'Pay it online - Customer'
- Select 'Register for MyAccount'
- Select 'Register' in the 'Create a new Account' box
- Enter your details
- You will receive two emails to confirm your username and give you a one-time password
- Activate your account by clicking the link in your email
- Once logged in, go to the 'Services' area and select the 'Pay it online - Customer' form
- You will receive your confirmation email with an authorisation code and the payment will be logged in your 'Requests' history.
What can I pay with MyAccount?
|Customers can pay for:||Businesses can pay for:|
What are the benefits of using MyAccount?
- Free, 24/7 access to your accounts and a range of council services
- Online account balance information and payment details
- Quicker, smart forms already pre-populated with some of your details
- Viewable record of your payment history and receipts
- Set up or amend your direct debit for Council Tax
- Tell us about any changes in address or household details
- Apply for housing benefit and upload your supporting proof online
- Apply for Council Tax reduction, discount or exemption
- Coming soon...online Council Rent accounts and many more services to be added in 2017
Other payment methods:
- Pay your Council Tax by Direct Debit
- 24 hour touchtone telephone service - 0845 602 0355
- Post office
- Cash at customer services centres and customer service points