Renfrewshire Council

Getting help

Veterans Welfare Service


The first people you contact should always be the Veterans Welfare Service (VWS).

They can help with the transition from service to civilian life, assist bereaved families and respond to any life events that present welfare needs.

The Scottish welfare centre is based in Glasgow.

You can call them on 0141 224 2709 or e-mail

Armed Services Advice Project


The Armed Services Advice Project (ASAP) provides free, confidential and impartial advice to the Armed Forces community in Scotland.

They can provide important and support on a wide range of topics such as benefits, money/debt, housing, work-related issues and relationships.

You can call free on 0808 800 1007 to speak to a trained advisor, or visit a Citizens Advice Bureau office.



Erskine has been looking after our veterans for almost 100 years and is the leading care organisation for ex-Service men and women in Scotland.

To enquire about the services provided by Erskine, call the main switchboard on 0141 812 1100.