Renfrewshire Council

Occasional Licences

You need an occasional licence under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 if you wish to be authorised to sell alcohol on a premises that is not licensed.

You can download an application pack from the related content area of the website.

What documents do I need to apply for a licence?

  • If you hold a premises licence or personal licence outwith Renfrewshire Licensing Board area you must enclose a copy of that licence with each application you make.

  • If you are a representative of a voluntary organisation you must enclose a copy of the organisation's constitution with each application you make.

  • If the occasional licence is for an area outside you require to enclose 3 copies of a detailed plan showing the extent of the outside area and any furniture to be used within the area. If the area is on the pavement or road, you require to contact the Roads Department and Planning Department for permission to occupy.  How much is the licence fee?

Information on fees for all licences can be found in the related content area of the website under liquor application forms and fees..

How long will my application take?

All applications for occasional licence should be made at least 28 days from the date of the event. Applications lodged later will be accepted but may not be granted due to the timescales involved.

Who is consulted about my application?

A copy of your application will be sent to Police Scotland and the Licensing Standards Officer who have 21 days to respond. They will carry out their own investigations and report back to the licensing section. The application is also advertised on the Council website for a period of 7 days for anyone to object.

What happens if there if an objection or representation to my application?

If an objection or representation is received the Licensing Board will give notice of the objection or representation to the applicant which thereafter may be considered at a meeting of the Licensing Board.

What conditions are attached to my licence?

The conditions of licence can be found in the related content area of the website.

A copy of the conditions of licence for occasional licence will be issued to you if your licence is granted. The licensing board requires all licenceholders to have a thorough understanding of these conditions.

How long does the licence last for?

The occasional licence lasts for the period of the application or such shorter period as the Board may determine.


You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents.

Share this page: