Renfrewshire Council

Early Learning and Childcare Establishments

Renfrewshire Council Early Learning and Childcare Classes and Centres provide a range of different services.

All establishments have places for three-to-five year-olds and some also provide a small number of places for children under three. 

Use the related articles to find out more about:

  • Local authority early learning and childcare establishments
  • Funded Providers

You can apply for a early learning and childcare place by contacting your local establishment or by printing off and completing the application form from the related documents section and taking it to the establishment you would prefer your child to go to. When applying for a early learning and childcare place you must show your child's original birth certificate. You will also be asked for proof of address. This can be in the form of a recent utility or council tax bill.

You can also download a copy of the application form and find out more information on how places are allocated by using the related documents links.

Where places allow parents in employment, training or education can access wraparound care by purchasing additional sessions or additional hours before or after the free hours their child has been allocated. For children under three who do not meet the criteria for free hours, all hours offered will be charged for.

Wraparound services are provided in local authority early learning and childcare classes and centres within the current opening hours of each establishment:

  • early learning and childcare centres - extended day and extended year
  • early learning and childcare classes - school hours and term time

Access to wraparound care is dependent on the availability of places in the establishment and you can download the application to purchase wraparound care in the related documents links.

If you would like more information about free early learning and childcare places please see the related article on the right.