Renfrewshire Council

College or university?

Thinking of going to college or university?

This is what's know as further education or higher education - and it's a great route to take to develop the skills needed for your dream job.

If you're applying for college or university, make sure you apply early, as courses can fill up fast. 

There might be funding available to help you, depending on your income and living situation. Funding opportunities such as Educational Maintenance Allowance (for 16-19 year olds in full-time education), college bursaries, student grants and loans, and individual learning accounts (ILAs) can all help.


Studying in Renfrewshire

West College Scotland has a range of full-time and part-time courses, from Access to Higher National Diploma level. If you need a qualification to get the job you want, or just to enhance your CV, a college course can be a great place to start.

The University of the West of Scotland has loads of undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in a wide variety of subjects. University degrees can show employers you're serious about an industry, know your stuff and are willing and able to learn.


Get in touch

Speak to an advisor in our team - they will support you through your application and help you apply for funding. Call us on 0300 300 1180 and make an appointment.